Eventually they got the IV in and gave me some sedation. Yay! Then they did the block! Weird! Very, very weird. Over an hour, my leg got totally numb. Finally, we were ready. I went in for surgery. A different anesthesiologist chit chatted with me and then I fell asleep! Then I woke up, and got sore from laying on my side. I went into recovery, slept, and then got ready to go home!
I've been watching TV and snoozing. My block is wearing off, and I took two pain killers. It kind of hurts. My splint is HUGE. I had no idea my foot was so heavy. Crutching is like a work out. I also have to take ten deep breaths an hour to make sure I don't get pneumonia! Sheesh!
Now starting an Arrested Development marathon! Any bets on when I'll be done with all three seasons?
No comments:
Post a Comment